Open up the heavens, let Your glory fall }

Free JavaScript from 
Rainbow Arch

Friday, November 16, 2007

Taiwanese Engrish

I was surfing around aimlessly and the following cracked me up big time. Haha. I went yahoo.com.tw to their Yahoo! Answers and came across a page whereby an urgent translation was needed and apparently (and questionably) it got the answer it needed (the selected answer).. If it's an assignment I hope he/she doesn't fail too badly. Haha.. Oh wells..

The ones in black shall be the questioner's Chinese dialogue and his/her own translation, blue for the "model answer provided" and red is my own translation. All emphasis mine.

********************

A:你好,需要我為您服務嗎?
Hello. May I help you?

B:我想找毛衣
I want to look for the woolen sweater
I " AM LOOKING" for the woolen sweater
I am looking for a woolen sweater.

A:請看這個款式,他有紅色.白色.黑色
Please look this design, it has red. White. Black
Please look this "STULY", THERE IS RED, WHITE, AND BLACK
Kindly take a look at this design. It is also available in red, white and black.

B:我可以試穿一下嗎?
May I try it on?

A:當然可以,請到這裡來
Certainly may, welcome come to here
Of course. Could you please come over?

B:我要這件白色S號的
I want this white S
I want "THE SIZE OF SMALL"
I want the white one in size S.

A:要不要再看看其他的呢?
Must again have a look other?
"WANT TAKE LOOK FOR OTHER (STORE, CLOTHS, ETC.)
Do you want to take a look at other stuff?

B:不,這件就好了
No, this was good
No, "JUST THIS ONE"
(Though I think the translation is fine, I think what the questioner wanted to say was)
No, this is good/fine.


A:好的,總共1千元,請問刷卡還付現?
Good, the altogether 1000 Yuan, ask brushes the card also to pay in cash?
"SURE, TOTAL IS $1000, CRITED CARD OR CASH?"
Ok, that will be a total of $1000. Would it be paid by credit card or cash?

B:付現就好了,謝謝
Paid in cash has been good, thanked
"AS WELL AS CASH, THANK Y0U." (Haha, what, pay twice?!)
Cash will do, thank you.


A:謝謝光臨,歡迎下次再來
Will thank the presence, welcome next time again
"THANK YOU VERY MUCH, COME BACK NEXT TIME."
Thank you for coming, we hope to see you again.

B: 謝謝,您服務真好,我下次會再來
Thanks, you serve really well, I will next time be able again
Thanks, "THE WAY U SERIVE WAS WELL! I WILL COME TO SHIP NEXT TIME."
Thanks, your service was great! I will come again.

Labels:



2:29 AM; Joy


God's creation.

[Name] Huineng
[Age] 18+
[Location] Singapore
[Egg-born] 22 Aug

Calendar.

None at the moment

Forward.


A note, please.



About.

Texture from here, images from getty.
Using various brushes from the net ;
I II II III IV V
Ashley font from dafont. Design by kriss.