Open up the heavens, let Your glory fall }

Free JavaScript fromĀ 
Rainbow Arch

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Tuition + Cinderella

Earlier on, Gladwin, my sg mate smsed me asking if I want to join the sg for Jean and Shashi's house warming on Sat. Immediately, I replied a negative 'cause I'll be going on a day trip to M'sia with my mum and aunt this coming sat. It was then that I got a rude shock from the realisation that I had previously scheduled a (first) lesson with a tutee this coming Saturday. Somehow I had this hunch that I'm just gonna lose her and boy, was I right.

First and foremost, the child's parent is very demanding. She insisted on having lessons twice a week for her P5 child for all English, Math, Chinese, Science and she's only paying $140/8 lessons, an equivalence of $11.67 per hour. After speaking to her, I understand that her reason for not increasing the rate is due to the fact that her child is very weak and will prolly need more than just 2 lessons a week and thus, it may be well beyond her budget to increase the rate. Back then I was already doubtful if I could keep up to her standards. I'll be going on full-time study pretty soon and I'm really not sure if my commitment could match up to her expectation. However I just thought to myself that maybe I should just give it a try and will just play by the ear from there on. It looks like a potentially long-term assignment and I could seriously do with a bit more cash. Now that this has to happen, maybe it's better this way. Considering the amount of time and commitment I have to put in, it may be jolly well better this way. Sigh. I sound like a loser now, does anyone understand?

I'm also worrying for my tuition assignment beginning tomorrow. My student's a 24 year old professional wanting to brush up on her writing skills and build up her foundation in English. I spoke to her on the phone and she sounded mightily fine to me. I thought, wells, maybe some people could speak well but couldn't write well. But no, she wrote me an email wanting to touch base before the commencement of the lesson and I personally vouch that she can write perfectly well. Nothing fantastic but everything clear and concise. Makes me wonder then why does she need me. Mind you, my rates are pretty high for her case but I'm seriously afraid that I may be of no service to her. She knows that I'm fresh from college and she probably known more n seen more than me, so what does she want? Sigh. I'm so apprehensive now. I thought my break from school and from work is gonna do me good but I guess I'm more laden now than ever.


*********

Back from a visit at Jellie's. Sorry but I guess I digg the original version more. (=
The remix looks like it's meant to be taken as a joke. "You can be my Cinderella" sounded way too stark.



When the sun shine we'll shine together, told you I'll be here forever..

Now it's raining more than ever, know that we'll still have each other..

Labels:



3:58 PM; Joy


God's creation.

[Name] Huineng
[Age] 18+
[Location] Singapore
[Egg-born] 22 Aug

Calendar.

None at the moment

Forward.


A note, please.



About.

Texture from here, images from getty.
Using various brushes from the net ;
I II II III IV V
Ashley font from dafont. Design by kriss.