Open up the heavens, let Your glory fall }

Free JavaScript fromĀ 
Rainbow Arch

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Dixie Chicks

Hohoho, when I first liked their song "I'm not ready to make nice", I wasn't aware of the many political stuffs connected to it. You can read everything from here.

First it was "Dear Mr President", now it's "I'm not ready to make nice".



Forgive, sounds good.
Forget, I'm not sure I could.
They say time heals everything,
But I'm still waiting

I'm through, with doubt,
There's nothing left for me to figure out,
I've paid a price, and i'll keep paying

I'm not ready to make nice,
I'm not ready to back down,
I'm still mad as hell
And I don't have time
To go round and round and round
It's too late to make it right
I probably wouldn't if I could
Cause I'm mad as hell
Can't bring myself to do what it is
You think I should

I know you said
Why can't you just get over it,
It turned my whole world around
and i kind of like it

I made my bed, and I sleep like a baby,
With no regrets and I don't mind saying,
It's a sad sad story
That a mother will teach her daughter
that she ought to hate a perfect stranger.
And how in the world
Can the words that I said
Send somebody so over the edge
That they'd write me a letter
Saying that I better shut up and sing
Or my life will be over

I'm not ready to make nice,
I'm not ready to back down,
I'm still mad as hell
And I don't have time
To go round and round and round
It's too late to make it right
I probably wouldn't if I could
Cause I'm mad as hell
Can't bring myself to do what it is
You think I should

Forgive, sounds good.
Forget, I'm not sure I could.
They say time heals everything,
But I'm still waiting

Anyways, apparently Dixie Chicks were nominated for 5 awards, and won all the 5.

Grammy Awards
2007: Album of the Year - Taking the Long Way
2007: Song of the Year - "Not Ready to Make Nice"
2007: Record of the Year - "Not Ready to Make Nice"
2007: Best Country Album - Taking the Long Way
2007: Best Country Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal - "Not Ready to Make Nice"

Labels:



12:35 AM; Joy


God's creation.

[Name] Huineng
[Age] 18+
[Location] Singapore
[Egg-born] 22 Aug

Calendar.

None at the moment

Forward.


A note, please.



About.

Texture from here, images from getty.
Using various brushes from the net ;
I II II III IV V
Ashley font from dafont. Design by kriss.